Join Adam Elwan in the latest episode of the Safer Chemicals Podcast as he welcomes the new Chair of the Risk Assessment Committee, Roberto Scazzola, and Maria Ottati, Chair of the Socio-Economic Analysis Committee.
They talk about the ongoing evaluation of the universal PFAS restriction proposal, France's proposal to restrict creosote-treated wood, the impact of new CLP hazard classes, and more.
Get the latest updates on chemical risk assessment and regulation in Europe.
What the committees do
The two committees prepare scientific opinions that are used by the European Commission and EU Member States when deciding how chemical risks need to be controlled. They are made up of scientists from EU Member States and have observers from EU organisations that represent different sectors and interests.
- Episode transcript
- More episodes on the committees for risk assessment and socio-economic analysis
- Give us feedback
- Listen on YouTube
- ECHA's Risk Assessment Committee: banning secondary uses of creosote-treated wood necessary - ECHA news, 20 September 2023
- Agenda of RAC’s meeting [PDF] [EN]
- Agenda of SEAC’s meeting [PDF] [EN]
- REACH restriction process
- Applications for authorisation
- Harmonised classification and labelling
- Risk Assessment Committee
- Socio-Economic Analysis Committee
Follow us on:
Disclaimer: Views expressed by interviewees do not necessarily represent the official position of the European Chemicals Agency. All content is up to date at the time of publication.