If you are into media, documentaries, activism, growing communities, NGOs, impact, technology & how to use product to drive action. This episode is for you.
In a world where “bad news sell better” it’s easy to believe that it’s all negative.
In this episode with Sam Sutaria, CEO and first employee at WaterBear, you will learn
💡 How to set a new standard for impact in media 💡
WaterBear is a free Netflix-like content platform with a twist 😉
They have over 1,000 inspiring documentaries and movies, all developed in collaboration with people and organizations changing the world for the better.
🚀 WaterBear brings entertainment but also inspires you to take action, to dive deeper into the issue and to connect with like-minded individuals who care to drive tangible, measurable impact around the world.
🌐 The WaterBear Network is made of:
- 700’000+ subscribers
- a free subscription, no ads
- 3 Million followers across all channels
- 40+ FTEs
- 150+ NGOs and freelancers with whom they work in collaboration
In this episode you will learn:
- What’s the mission of WaterBear and how they came up with a new business model for media
- How brands need to focus on new ways to tell stories
- Revenue streams for a streaming company without ads
- How do you measure real impact in media
- Navigating the lessons learned during fundraising
- How B2B2C can really be collaborative
- How to grow a supportive community
- What’s the impact of positive news
Watch the full episode on YouTube - link
Book recommendation: The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin
Watch my video presentation “3 key strategies to grow a following of 7500+ changemakers on Linkedin” 👉 watch presentation
Save time: get a summary of all episode’s advice by subscribing to the Mission First newsletter - here
LinkedIn - follow us on LinkedIn
YouTube - follow us on YouTube
Instagram - follow us on Instagram
TikTok - follow us on TikTok