This is the second and last part of my interview with George Kaulbeck where we explore opportunities to revitalize rail transportation in Africa.
In this twenty-seventh episode, George addresses the following key questions:
- What are the railway projects that have been successful in Africa that could be spotlighted ?
- What transportation policies and regulations are most effective in fostering greater rail transport development in Africa?
- What innovative financing solutions could we consider in developing rail transport in Africa?
- What are the most important factors for successful railway infrastructure development in Africa?
- What are the opportunities for further development of cross-continental rail networks in the continent?
- What role rail transport could play in decarbonizing the transportation sector?
Our guest, George is a Professional Engineer by training with a Civil Engineering degree and a Master of Business Administration in Finance. George has a successful track record of delivering management consulting assignments in the transport sector in Canada, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior to joining CPCS, he held management positions at the Canadian National Railway in operations, infrastructure maintenance and financial & strategic planning. Joining CPCS in 2006, George applied his breadth of railway knowledge to wide-ranging rail projects, including feasibility studies, infrastructure and functional designs, condition assessments and rehabilitation plans, upgrading and performance studies, and transaction advisory. He currently leads the CPCS Transport Unit. To find out more about George, please visit his LinkedIn profile .